Photography Service Level Agreement
A Photography Service Level Agreement is the primary agreement that a photographer will use when engaging with a client, and which needs to be signed by the photographer and client.
It is important to ensure that a client and a photographer are on the same page with regard to service standards, timelines, shoots, payment of fees, and the like. Our Photography Service Level Agreement (SLA) is specially designed to suit to your needs as a photographer, and cater to these issues.
Included in this Contract
This Photography Service Level Agreement includes all the basic aspects of a Photography Service Level Agreement, including:
- Clear descriptions of the photography services that the photographer will be offering;
- The fees payable to the photographer;
- Details of additional expenses such as transportation, accommodation and meals, where applicable;
- The commencement date, the duration that the contract is set to run, how and when the agreement may be terminated;
- Post Production editing and delivery;
- Descriptions of a Service Variation Process;
- Procedures to follow in the instance of an Interruption Event;
- Intellectual Property;
- Dispute resolution.
How does it work?
When you start the questionnaire, you will be guided through the questions with the help of information and explanation. Based on your answers, the Photography Service Level Agreement (SLA) will be tailor-made by our system. If you log in or create an account, you can also save the progress of the questionnaire and come back later.
Want to test the process of our contract engine first? Go through the process and create an example document, click here
Read more about the Definitive Guide to Freelancer/Independent Contractor Agreements in South Africa (for both the Contractor and Principal), click here