The Importance of a Copyright Assignment Agreement
It is inevitable that, in running a business, you will outsource certain tasks to freelancers or subcontractors. This might include blog writing, the development of software such as a website, your logo creation, social media postings and the like. All of these examples are the subject of copyright protection.
By default, the freelancer or the subcontractor that you outsource these tasks to own the copyright in such works. If you have outsourced the developing of your website, this means that the contractor effectively own your website, unless the freelancer transfers (assigns) the copyright in the website back to you in writing. Hence, the important of a Copyright Assignment Agreement.
Included in this Contract
- The ability to define what the copyrighted work is;
- The duration of the copyrighted work;
- The general rights which flow from copyrighted works;
- Assignment (transfer) of the copyright to you;
- Waiver of moral rights, which prevents the contractor from objecting to you changing the works he/she/it created, even after the transfer has taken place.
- and much more.
How does it work?
When you start the questionnaire, you will be guided through the questions with the helping hand of explanations and additional information. Based on your answers, the Copyright Assignment Agreement will be tailor-made by our system. If you log in or create an account, you can also save the progress of the questionnaire and come back later.