Service Level Agreement
If you are in the business of providing a service to a client, this is your primary go to agreement. If there is any agreement that you need, a Service Level Agreement is the one. This SLA is fully compliant with South African law.
It is the primary agreement that regulates the relationship and expectations between you as the service provider and your client.
When do you need one?
Whereas the consensus is that SLAs are mainly used in IT, an SLA is actually a written agreement which establishes a set of deliverables or services by any individual or company.
Amongst other things, the top reasons to have an SLA in place are the following:
- Clarify Expectations - SLAs help quantify expectations of what is considered "good" by both parties in measurable terms, therefore leaving no room for surprises;
- Focus on Customer Service - SLAs help the Service Provider remain focused on customer priorities and requirements;
- Establish Measurable Standards - An SLA sets clear, measurable standards of Service Provider performance;
- Penalise non-performance - SLA penalties should incentivise the Service Provider to fulfill commitments made to the Client, and penalize the Service Provider when they do not fulfill those commitments.
Need some help?
We offer 15 minute online legal consults to help you identify the needs of your situation and structure the solution for your business. You can purchase these here
Included in this Contract
This Service Level Agreement includes all the basic aspects of a Service Level Agreement, including:
- Clear descriptions of the Services that the Service Provider will be offering;
- The fees payable to the Service Provider;
- The commencement date, the duration that the contract is set to run, how and when the agreement may be terminated;
- Descriptions of a Service Variation Process;
- Procedures to follow in the instance of an Interruption Event
- Intellectual Property;
- Dispute resolution.
Specialized Service Level Agreement
This is our standard SLA that will be customised to suit almost any scenario. We have, however, recently created more tailored versions of this document for freelance professionals. Please have a look at the following to see if these are a better fit for you and your business:
Can't find what you are looking for? Please let us know!
How does it work?
When you start the questionnaire, you will be guided through the questions with the help of information and explanation. Based on your answers, the Service Level Agreement (SLA) will be tailor-made by our system. If you log in or create an account, you can also save the progress of the questionnaire and come back later.
Our product delivers a higher quality SLA template through our customisation process because each document is individually customised to suit to your needs.
Our Consulting Agreement is very similar to the Service Level Agreement, and it is more a matter of preference as to whether you consider yourself a consultant or a service provider, which will necessitate your choice between the two documents, as the substance of each document is identical.
While an Independent Contractor Agreement could be considered in some instances to be a form of Service Level Agreement, we would suggest only choosing the Independent Contractor Agreement if you are outsourcing work or services to another party, and are not rendering the work or services yourself.
Want to test the process of our contract engine first? Go through the process and create an example document, click here
Read more about the Definitive Guide to Freelancer/Independent Contractor Agreements in South Africa (for both the Contractor and Principal), click here