eCommerce Website Returns Policy
When running a webshop or eCommerce website, it is inevitable that in certain instances you will be expected to allow returns of the items sold through your webshop or eCommerce website.
This eCommerce Website Returns Policy allows your to set the parameters for how and when you will allow returns, and the process followed by purchasers to do so.
Included in this eCommerce Website Returns Policy
- Whether the products sold on your webshop are digital or physical;
- A choice of the circumstances in which a return will be permitted;
- The time frame in which a return needs to be initiated;
- A choice of whether the purchaser's account will be credited, and/or whether they will receive a refund, and/or whether they may replace the product once returned;
- Choice of how the return is to be initiated;
- Choices pertaining to the condition of the product to allow for a return;
- Whether the product needs to be delivered back to you and/or whether you will collect it;
- Whether you will require a product inspection prior to allowing for the return;
- Whether and what product(s) are excluded from the Returns Policy.
Refund Policy Template
Customers are eager to know how you handle their returns as well. Therefore refunds are also addressed in this policy. In addition, having a clearly stated refunds statement increases transparency, which has positively impact on your brand value.
Returns policy sample
We offer a sample of our e-commerce returns policy as well. If you have any questions around this sample or this policy in general, feel free to reach out to us on the chat.
If you instead require a General Website Terms of Service for a website which is not a webshop or an eCommerce website, please check out:
How does it work?
When you start the questionnaire, you will be guided through each question with the helping hand of detailed explanations and additional information. Based on your answers, the eCommerce Website Returns Policy will be tailor-made by our system. If you log in or create an account, you can also save the progress of the questionnaire and come back later.
You will receive both a Word Doc and a PDF version of the document available for download and both copies of the template will be sent to you by email.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, we will provide a full refund.
Want to test the process of our contract engine first? Go through the process and create an example document, click here
Read more about The Essentials to Start and Run an E-Commerce Website, click here
Learn more about Website Terms and Conditions, click here
Barter McKellar Law
This document is supplied by Barter McKellar Law.
Barter McKellar is a boutique law firm which offers bespoke legal solutions that make legal, personal and business sense.
We practice law because we thrive off solving legal problems (simple or complex) and providing our clients with peace of mind. No matter what your legal needs are, we are able to assist you as a trusted legal partner. We pride ourselves on giving our clients the best legal advice and legal solutions that make practical and commercial sense. We give you the tools and guidance that you need to help you and your business grow and our services and fees are tailored to suit your specific needs